BELOW ARE OUR LATEST AND UPCOMING EVENTS HERE AT DANCE FUSION STUDIOS!
JUMP DANCE CONVENTION IN OAHU! (MAY 10TH-12TH, 2024)
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATING WITH DANCE FUSION STUDIOS
- You must confirm with us by March 1st, 2024 if you are wanting to attend. PLEASE NOTE: When attending, you are attending as a representation of Dance Fusion Studios. We expect all students to be on their best behavior when at the convention.
- You must be ENROLLED in at least one class at our studio during the Spring 2024 Session. If you are not yet enrolled, you must be enrolled by January 30th.
- You must participate in the entire Spring 2024 Session.
- You must be at least 5 years old by January 1st, 2024. (There are no exceptions, as this is a requirement of the dance convention, not ours)
- There will be a Dance Fusion Studios shirt you will need to purchase to wear upon arrival at the convention (you do not need to wear this shirt throughout the whole convention). Details for the shirt will be given upon confirmation of attendance. Parents are welcome to purchase shirts/sweatshirts for themselves as well, but it is not required. Only students are required to purchase a t-shirt.
- Students are welcomed to room with each other, because we know that can be a big help with finances and convenience if the parents schedule does not allow them to travel with their child. All children who are attending MUST have an adult guardian responsible for them. We will not be responsible for the whereabouts of all our students during this convention since there are multiple levels of dance offered, in which our students would be separated into different rooms based on ages, which is why it is important that there are parents/adults to watch over each child. (Parents are not allowed inside the actual ballrooms during classes unless they purchase a “observers” pass, which is $55, otherwise parents will wait outside in the waiting areas of the venue.)
- The Convention will take place for three days from Friday May 10th to Sunday May 12th. (Our studio will be closed for our regular scheduled classes during these days.)
- This convention offers 2 full days of various dance classes (Friday is the check-in/intro day), in all styles and levels, from world renowned choreographers. They will get to experience a wide range of dance styles, learn about auditioning, and many other skills provided by the Jump Convention Faculty.
- We will all be staying at the Ala Moana Hotel, which is recommended because it is directly across the street from the venue for the dance convention and it allows us all to walk together to the event from the hotel each morning. (If you will be attending, we recommend booking your hotel ASAP, because it always fills up due to the convention.)
- Fees for the convention are due to us in the studio via cash or check by March 8th. (Fees are NON refundable, they will only issue a voucher to attend the convention at a later date). Fees are $225 for 5-7 year old students and $345 for students 8 and older.
- If parents want to sit in and watch during classes, they must purchase an observer pass, which is $55 for the entire weekend.
- For more information about this dance convention, you can visit their website at jumptour.com